Sunday, June 28, 2009

and of all the places to accuse me of stealing...

it had to be walmart. lemme tell you, i've been in neiman marcus and nordstroms and have gotten FAR better treatment. and they are stores with a 'snooty' rep. and when i've been there, marvelled at the cost of a handbag the saleslady was nothing but polite to me, even though it was obvious i couldn't afford a luis vitton.

i had bought an item at walmart a few days ago. realizing the item was too large for me without even opening the package (and it was in kid's sizes!) i went to return it. of course, my desire to lower my carbon footprint and not use plastic bags led me into trouble. and here we have places like walmart stressing being 'green' and 'envrionmentally friendly'. yeah right!

i went in to the walmart to return the item, which, at the time was in my purse when i walked in. seeing as it was a small item, i saw no need to get a plastic bag when i bought it. once i got to the proper area of the store, i grabbed the smaller size, compared it to the item i had previously bought, got out my receipt and went to the cashier. the lady sent me to customer service.

so, with my item to be returned WITH receipt in one hand and my item i was exchanging it for in the other, i went to explain to customer service my desire for an exchange. so the customer service rep (who was actually nice and professional) told me i needed a return sticker on my item. i had to walk down to the entrance and have it put on my item. no biggie. of course, at this time two asshole employees had come up behind me and were coping an attitude. figured it wasnt about me, since it was fairly OBVIOUS i didnt steal anything, but nevertheless...

those two assholes from loss prevention got the idea in their heads that i had apparently stolen a pair of socks. yes, socks that cost a few dollars. because apparently the receipt in my DAMN HAND wasnt enough proof i bought them there.

so when i come back, customer service rep is on the phone with loss prevention. and guess what those assholes said while i was STANDING RIGHT THERE at the desk:

they accused me of stealing. saying things such as 'she didn't come in here with that shit' 'wow, what a stupid thing to do, steal a pair of socks. now she can sit in jail over something that stupid.' 'she'll be crying when the cops get here.' 'she's gonna have to learn the hard way.' and then they left. while my rep had to speak to loss prevention on the phone. i picked up on the matter, and horrified, told the rep they could look at the cameras to show that i didn't steal anything.

eventually everything was worked out. now, i wouldn't have minded the phone call the customer service rep had to make, but those comments were WAY OUT OF LINE. those shits are lucky they ran their cowardly asses off or they wouldn't have heard the end of it from me. and you bet i spoke to the manager about it.

can't wait to pass this story along...

No comments:

Post a Comment